ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Elite Status AA PLT luggage tags?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Curt Anderson, May 17, 2015.

1. Curt Anderson

Curt Anderson New Member

I've been waiting for my AAdvantage Platinum welcome kit to arrive to replace my Dividend Miles Gold Preferred. My kit arrived today, but it only had my card...no luggage tags. I've seen other AA PLT flyers with the tags. Should my welcome kit have included the luggage tags or do I get them some other way?

2. Curt Anderson

Curt Anderson New Member

I think I've found the answer: Platinum elites only get luggage tags when they cross the 2MM mark for lifetime status. Apparently that's a difference between Dividend Miles and AAdvantage, since all status levels got tags with US.

Tiffany likes this.
  3. SpoiledBrat

SpoiledBrat Member

I am 9 years old. Are you 8? A piece of plastic really.

4. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

Hi Curt, indeed. Until recently American would let non-Executive Platinum members buy luggage tags with their status on it, but that has been discontinued. Kinda cheap...

Curt Anderson likes this.
  5. TexasFlyer

TexasFlyer New Member

Haha, Curt, you can order some for hard cash whenever you wish... dont be cheap

6. Curt Anderson

Curt Anderson New Member

Haha, I'll just keep being cheap ;) I have my EXP tags now; first time qualifying!