ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Air France / KLM awards using partner FFP

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by mishyq, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:30 PM.

1. mishyq

mishyq New Member

Does anyone know how soon AF/KLM release their seats to partner FFP? Or what is their trend over time? For example, does award space open up again 3 months before departure

Looking at AS FFP specifically for now since the fees seem the lowest of all.

2. Luis

Luis Member

I'm not sure about other gateways, but AF space out of LAX through AS is non existent, regardless of timing.

3. mishyq

mishyq New Member

Thanks - yeah, I agree the availability on AS FFP is scarce to begin with.

What about Korean Airlines FFP? Or do you just rely on FB?

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

5. mishyq

mishyq New Member

6. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I dont think AF/KLM picks and chooses which partners to release space to. If space is available to one partner, its most likely available to all. That being said, i think AF doesnt release that much space to begin with. I believe Tiffany has said that space is somewhat decent if booking a year out though.

Have you tried looking for seats from different cities around North America? I think Lucky found space on AF between Paris and Toronto a while back. Houston as well.

7. mishyq

mishyq New Member

ok. good to have confirmation then. i also noticed this trend, but wasnt sure if it was the norm. main reason for using partner FFP is to pay less fees, though FB fees is not that bad, say, compared to LH M&M

yeah, i think if you are flexible with airports, then more options - applies every time.. but really disliked flying domestic so the most i would be willing to reposition is 2 hrs out.