ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Amex Rewards to Aeroplan Transfer

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Sascha, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Sascha

Sascha New Member

Hi all,

I have been trying to transfer 140k Amex Membership Rewards to aeroplan for multiple flights in Europe.
    In the past, this transfer has always happened instantly.
    Yesterday, when I initiated the transfer, it was pending on the Membership Rewards site and did not post on Aeroplan. This morning, the transaction was cancelled on Amex's end.
    I re-initiated another transfer, and it has again gone to pending.
    Customer service is saying 3-5 business days, which has never happened ot me for this type of transfer to Aeroplan.

Is/Has anyone ever experienced this for this type of transfer?

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Sascha likes this.
  3. Sascha

Sascha New Member

@Lucky I just got off the phone with Aeroplan, and they have admitted that there is currently an IT issue affecting point transfers from Amex Membership Rewards to Aeroplan

MidSouth Skier likes this.
  4. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Yeah, it should be instant. We're having problems too, and have been working on it.

5. Sascha

Sascha New Member

Spent too much time over the past few days talking to Aeroplan CS and AMEX CS with no answers other than it's an IT issue.
    Let me know what you are able to get out of them.

6. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member