ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Asia Miles

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by HKFlyer, Oct 7, 2017.

1. HKFlyer

HKFlyer Member

I have 500,000+ miles for Asia Miles. What is the best way to use them?

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Depends where you want to go. Personally. I'd use them for Cathay Pacific and/or JAL First Class

HKFlyer likes this.
  3. BernabeuBuster

BernabeuBuster New Member

A really lucrative sweet spot if you want to drag out the use of your points because of the already generous expiration date of points is short to medium haul premium economy. For example, Hong Kong to Bangkok RT in CX economy is 20,000, while business will set you back 40,000 (double). However Premium Economy is bookable at just 24,000 points Round-Trip!

Another really good way to use the points, considering the distance based award chart is to include two round-trip tickets for the same cost! An example of this is a ticket from Hong Kong to Mumbai, a routing that is bookable for 80k miles by itself. However, because the routing barely exceeds its zone requirement, you can add another round-trip to the same ticket. For instance HKG-PVG-HKG-BOM with a final leg from DEL-HKG, with a stopover in PVG, and BOM, a 24 transit in HKG, and a open-jaw, would set you back the same amount!

https://imgur.com/a/rwQfQ

can't go wrong there. @Lucky

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    HKFlyer likes this.