ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption BA Avios Award Redemption on QF

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Jacob McCarthy, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Jacob McCarthy

Jacob McCarthy Active Member

Hi Guys!

It's been a while, but I'm back with a question!

I'm trying to book a BA Avios award on QF: ADL-ASP-AYQ all on the same day of travel as one single e-ticket. I can't seem to get this to work as a whole or segment by segment on BA's site (BA's site does not have AYQ loaded into their online system for booking awards). On QF's site, I also can only do segment by segment, not as one award. (I know its a valid trip because the ticket is available to purchase as one ticket.) I CAN see the space as a SINGLE award on AAdvantage though. Should I call BA to book this award as a single ticket? I really want it on one single e-ticket for simplicity's sake. Will I be charged a phone booking fee?

I know the award will be priced as technically two separate awards with BA.

Thanks for the help! I've only uses BA Avios a few times, compared to the countless times I've used AAdvantage.

2. Andy 11235

Andy 11235 New Member

ASP-AYQ is operated by QantasLink; this is not bookable on BA's website. You must call, and technically they do not ever waive telephone booking fees. You may be able to get the agent to waive it as a courtesy, but know their official policy is to charge the fee so your mileage may vary.

No Name likes this.
  3. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I've actually had very good luck with the BA call center waiving fees for awards that cannot be booked online so I would definitely ask.

5. Jacob McCarthy

Jacob McCarthy Active Member

I'll try booking it tomorrow. Thanks guys!