ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Business class for less

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Alastair E, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Alastair E

Alastair E Reader

Hi Lucky.

I've been told of getting a business class flight to Cape Town for under £1000 and the trick is to buy a flight from another location to the one I live. I live in London and was told that there was a business class flight to Cape Town for £950 but it was from Dublin. What is the best way to find these deals and is it possible?

2. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Member

Hi Alistair,

Ethiopian just started a business class sale to Cape Town with prices around GBP 1020. These fares are out of Stockholm, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Goteberg, and Oslo, so if it is convenient for you to position to one of those cities these fares may be of interest to you.

Here's a link to a Boardingarea article discussing the fares (it's in german, so you may have to use google translate).

http://svenblogt.boardingarea.com/d...84.1391288298.1502236939-114164167.1498626037

3. rickyw

rickyw Active Member

It's definitely possible, you just have to get yourself to the new city (in this case, Dublin). As Josh notes, the major Scandinavian cities also tend to have very attractive premium cabin fares as well.

More often then not, it is going to be a better deal to take advantage of those fares. Especially for you, being based in London, you have tons of cheap options to get to those gateway cities (Ryanair, Norwegian, Easyjet, etc.)

Just factor in the additional travel time and collecting your bags if you typically check luggage.