ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Chase Freedom vs Freedom unlimited

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Rohit Deshpande, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Rohit Deshpande

So basically if each gets their own card, (there are 4 in my household), we could pool a total of 400K bonus points? Also what is the age restriction on each having their own card? I have one 23 year old daughter in medical school and one 17 year old son in high school. And would each getting their own card mean that each would have to meet $X within Y months on their own card?

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Yeah. Pooling into one account might be somewhat difficult. I haven't done it before.

And yes, if each of your family members applies for their own cars, they each need to spend $4k in 3 months to receive the bonus. I'm not sure that your son or daughter would be approved though. It'll depend on their credit history.

3. David W

Might be a good idea to get the sapphire preferred for the daughter and the freedom/freedom unlimited for the son. When they have a more established credit history, add on the premium cards.

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be any restriction on pooling as long as everyone is part of the same household (uses the same address when they apply). Personally I'd have everyone apply for the card except for your son. One credit pull won't hurt them and the bonus is currently high enough that it's worth it IMO as long as you can meet the minimum spend.

5. MMM

MMM Member

@David W, how long did your in branch appplication process take? Will be going later this week.

6. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I'd say about 10 minutes to get all your information into the system. The decision itself was pretty quick but the guy on the approval department wanted to talk to me on the phone to congratulate me...

7. David W

Didn't take long at all, especially since I already have other Chase cards. @Gaurav's 10 minute estimate is about right. But that's once you've sat down with a banker. The day I ended up applying, the branch was pretty much empty. I had gone a couple of days before that and there was quite a wait to see a banker.