ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Destinations / Itineraries Do I need visa for transit in Shenzhen(SZX)?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by James Silver, Nov 18, 2017.

1. James Silver

James Silver Reader

Hello
    I am holding US passport. I will be traveling Thailand next month, and I will fly from Thailand to transit at SHENZHEN, SZX airport for 5 hours before coming back to the US. I wonder if I need a visa for this 5 hours transiting? I am not planning to get out of the airport. Thank you

2. James Silver

James Silver Reader

I am holding US passport. I will be traveling to Thailand next month, and I will fly from Thailand to transit at SHENZHEN CN, SZX airport for 5 hours before coming back to the US. I wonder if I need a visa for this 5 hours transiting?

3. HKFlyer

HKFlyer Member

No. As long as you make sure your luggage is checked all the way through, you shouldn't need a visa to stay in the airport