ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Destinations / Itineraries Guam - best time of year and smartest least expensive route.

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Frankie C, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Frankie C

Frankie C Reader

Working on a short 7-10 day trip to Guam for my wife’s 50th birthday. Having been born there - a nice gift for her? Researching best ways to get there and smartest / least expensive. Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

2. Woodrow

Woodrow Active Member

Where are you departing from? Not many airlines fly to GUM. United from the US and ANA from Japan. I usually fly United from SFO, sometimes by way of Japan, NRT or KIX (longer flights, but better products), but usually through HNL (shorter flight). United used to fly their old domestic F class with recliner seats to GUM via HNL, but that might have changed to lie flats.

3. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Frankie, I'd also reference this post on the interesting situation with flying to Guam. I wasn't aware of cabotage prior, so make sure you read up before planning your route

http://asklucky.onemileatatime.com/threads/guam.20833/#post-42764

Thanks again to @No Name for shedding light on this last time! Still one of the more interesting things I've learned from this forum

Woodrow likes this.