ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Has UA stopped offering LH award biz / FC ex EU to Africa / Asia?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Levy Flight, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Levy Flight

Levy Flight Reader

Has UA stopped offering LH award biz / FC ex EU to Africa / Asia?

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Well I agree that I don't see any biz availability to JNB or CPT in the next couple of weeks though I did see 2 days with LH F. Maybe @Tiffany can report on what her team has been seeing.

3. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

LH availability in premium cabins to South Africa is consistently rare to non-existent. It don't know what routes you're looking at, but haven't seen anything to suggest an issue with the United partnership at this point.

4. Joseph Mina

Joseph Mina New Member

Don't know about UA's award availability for LH, however, I recently was upgraded to Lufthansa Business from Frankfurt to Cape Town using a United GPU. I was booked on United from Chicago to Cape Town with 1st leg on United. Was quite surprised GPU cleared 4 days prior to departure, as the flight was just a week prior to Christmas. Turned out to be a full flight too. Lufthansa really knows how to do Business Class right! Service was superb; seats very comfortable on an A340.