ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Hotels [hotel owner] joining a hotel alliance

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by MosheS, May 5, 2017.

1. MosheS

MosheS Reader

Hi Lucky and Team!

I've always thought of this question - if I were a property developer and have built a hotel, how do I go about joining a particular alliance e.g. Marriott or Hyatt?
    Do I approach them before designing the interior because i need to consult them on designs, or after everything is built and ready?
    And do different lines within each hotel group (e.g. Sheraton vs JW Marriott) decide separately, or does a Marriott-wide management decide on behalf of separate lines?

Thanks for your knowledge!

Moshe

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I believe you'd have to work with the hotel before the property's interior is designed, so that the correct brand elements are integrated into the design. And considering the number of brands there are, I'd guess that Marriott may determine which brand would be best fit and then having you work with that particular brand to design and develop the hotel.

Total speculation on my part so excuse me if I'm incorrect.

3. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member