ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption How can I redeem miles from Aegean Airlines Miles+Bonus with other Star Alliance partners?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by David in STL, Nov 2, 2015.

1. David in STL

David in STL Reader

Do you know I can redeem Aegean Airlines Miles+Bonus miles with other Star Alliance airlines? My husband and I both have Miles+Bonus Gold status, however with the recent change in the program we did not accrue enough miles this year to keep our status with Aegean; we have done a status match with Turkish to maintain Gold status. So how can we use the miles in our respective accounts to book a trip? Do we have to deal directly with Aegean or can we look for award travel on a partner airline and book with them?

Thanks for your help!

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

You can find saver award space for any Star Alliance Airline using the Aeroplan, ANA, or United sites, and then call Aegean to book.

No Name likes this.
  3. Chris

Chris New Member

Is it just me or did Aegean just become one of the more lucrative Star Alliance redemptions with SPG transfers? 60,000 miles one way, Lufthansa First, North America to Europe?

4. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

@Chris -- I guess it depends? Aeroplan would charge 10k more miles under the new chart, which isn't a small amount, but:
    • The Aeroplan program is well-known
    • You can book partner awards online with Aeroplan, but not Aegean
    • Aegean only allows one connection in each direction, and doesn't allow stopovers
    • Aegean charges a 20 Euro booking fee (though their cancelation and change fees are also lower)
    So will be great for some, certainly, but there are big caveats to the Aegean program