ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Elite Status Hyatt Globalist suite upgrade award issues.

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by yaboobie, May 8, 2017.

1. yaboobie

yaboobie Member

Hi guys,

I feel like Hyatt pulled a quick one on me.

I did 25 stays within the first few months of this year and when WOH kicked in i got Globalist for the rest of this year and next year until Feb 2018. I was under the impression that i would get confirmable suite upgrades seeing as I obtained Globalist. It looks like thats not the case at all and all globalists who got their status the way I did are not entitled to confirmable suite upgrades. Spoke to hyatt twitter on 3/21, they said it should be posting shortly and expire after one year. Fastforward to 5/10 when i asked again after not seeing anything I was provided with this answer, 'you will receive them once you hit 60 nights or 100,000 base points" which is disappointing and seems like they chopped the far in advance planners benefits.

Anyone else have this issue with WOH??

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

My understanding was that fast tracking early in the year would earn full Globalist. Interesting that they are not giving you the DSUs. Have you tried escalating to a supervisor or corporate?

@Lucky

3. yaboobie

yaboobie Member

No, I have not tried to escalating to supervisor yet. Will try that and report back.

4. yaboobie

yaboobie Member

So... Ive even after having the CSR get in contact with a supervisor, im still getting the same issues, even though the CSR told me over the phone that i should be getting the suite upgrades...

Here is the email i got.

"Thank you for contacting World of Hyatt; I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Per our earlier conversation, I have spoken with upper management and have discovered that because you were manually upgraded to Globalist on March 3, 2017 you will not receive the four Suite Upgrades until you attain 60 nights, this year. I whole heartedly apologize for any misinformation you may have received in regards to this situation. What I can do, is add 30,000 points to your membership. Those points are good for a free night at up to a category 7 Hyatt. Please let me know if this offer is acceptable to you. Also, in the future, if you have a stay that you would like to upgrade to a suite, please ask the agent to check with the hotel to see if a courtesy upgrade would be available. I will put notes on your membership that will explain the situation.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

We value your membership and we look forward to your future stays at Hyatt."

I completed all of the stays before they switched to WOH. but their system did register it and i had to manually call in to have them update it.

Anyone have email/wording from hyatt, stating that within the first 2 months of 2017 and completed 25 stays will entitle me to the confirmable upgrades? I cant seem to find any on FT or other blogs.

5. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member