ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Elite Status I need Delta MQMs quick!!

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Awesome Mike, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Awesome Mike

Awesome Mike New Member

I need 46k delta mqm's to reach Platinum for next year!! How can I do this?!

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Mike, that’s a big chuck of miles before the end of the year. Most of us value status because we fly so regularly, it’s the small extra benefits that help us along the way. If you’re that short, I would just make sure it’s worth the time/money.

With that said, I’m certainly in the hamster wheel of doing crazy things to maintain my AA status year after year.

Here are a couple mileage run worthy options pulled via FlyerTalk

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1882934-aeromexico-lax-lim-623-rt.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1882932-aeromexico-us-scl-j-1-000-ish.html

3. Awesome Mike

Awesome Mike New Member

Yeah, I was platinum for two years and then had a job change so no flying for six months and bang, back to silver aka nobody.. lol

I'll be more on top of it next year to make sure I get at least platinum in 2019, but was hoping for a slick trick to reach platinum for 2018

4. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Lol I feel you on that one.

Where are you based? There tend to be some good business class flight sales this time of year since not much business travelers during the holidays with bigger checkbooks.

5. Awesome Mike

Awesome Mike New Member

I live in Michigan, fly out of Detroit Metro (DTW)

Thanks for the tips!

6. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Not sure what your budget is, but you've got the new A350 flying out of Detroit, so if you want to spend a few days on a plane, you could get your MQMs with 2 "quick" trips to Asia.

The $2,200 price seems to be available for most days between XMAS and New Year's

Just shy of 20,000 MQM round-trip

upload_2017-12-17_13-55-58.png

No Name likes this.
  7. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

8. Awesome Mike

Awesome Mike New Member

Wow... looks like I'll have to plan better next year.. thanks

9. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

You can also get a quick hit of miles with the delta reserve card. 10kMQM for first spend and then if you can put $60k on the card before the end of year you'll get 40k MQM. Tall orderso you'll have to figure out if you can do it. Your best bet might be to get the sign up bonus and take a couple of cheap flights to get your MQM total to just short of 50k and then use your roll over miles for easier qualification next year. Good luck.

BTW, have you met your MQD waiver?

No Name likes this.