ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Hotels Is a mattress run for Hilton Diamond worth it?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Dwb, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Dwb

Dwb New Member

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me with a question on Hilton hotels elite status - I am approx. 3600 points away from obtaining Hilton Diamond status (I had a couple of long business trips this year where I accumulated points but am far from the number of stays or nights thresholds) and was wondering whether doing a mattress run was worth it? I have one or two vacation plans next year where Hilton has hotels in the region that I expect to be going and I would be going with my two young kids and wife. Many thanks in advance for your help!

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

@Dwb, welcome. With Hilton, there usually isn't a huge difference between Gold and Diamond since BF benefits are extended to Golds and there is no guaranteed upgrade benefit. Are there any specific diamond benefits you'd like to target? You could also get Diamond via the premium AmEx card that's due to launch next year.

3. Dwb

Dwb New Member

@ Gaurav, thank you for the answer. Just wanted to know if there were any unofficial or un-published benefits that I should be aware of and what others' experience have been with diamond status (good/bad/no difference). Thanks again!