ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Destinations / Itineraries Lufthansa Group issues at IAD?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by travlermb, Nov 19, 2017.

1. travlermb

travlermb New Member

Thursday I flew LH F IAD-FRA and at check in there was a sign at each desk offering $800 to any passenger on the OS VIE flight to bump to Friday. Then I get to the lounge and they were making announcements offering $1,300 for LH FRA J passengers to bump to economy. Not sure what was going on but F was full. 1st time in LH F, quite disappointing to say the least.

2. Vito

Vito New Member

Its not uncommon for flights to be oversold. But I am not sure how that reflects on First Class Lufthansa which is one of the best First Products available.

3. travlermb

travlermb New Member

Not reflection, just a comment on available compensation
    And LH F?, yeah no

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

"And LH F?, yeah no"
    "1st time in LH F, quite disappointing to say the least."

What does this mean?

Your title indicates systemic issues with LH at IAD. Most of the text discusses compensation offers that were not offered to your cabin. Then there are multiple throwaway lines that don't have any context or supporting data. If all you're looking for is to vent I guess it's fine but if you want to have a conversation about issues then we'll have to hear about them...

rickyw likes this.