ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Elite Status Mileage Run or Status Challenge

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Dylan Kessler, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Dylan Kessler

Dylan Kessler Reader

Live in Austin, but I travel weekly for work to Chicago. Due to personal issues earlier this year, I'm about 25000 miles short of requalifying for EXP on AA. I've seen mileage runs (most to Hong Kong) that could get me the missing EQMs (no need for EQDs) that would cost me around $2500 or so, which I would hope to pay using ThankYou or Ultimate Rewards points via the Citi/Chase travel portals.

That being said, I've also thought about giving up on AA and switching to UA, in which case I'd initiate a status challenge before my EXP for this year runs out. My hope would be that I could get a hidden 1k challenge, though I'm not sure how likely that is.

What would you recommend?

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

You could check statusmatcher.com for any reports or try to contact UA to see if what they will offer you. Otherwise using TYP or MR seems like a pretty sensible idea.