ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Norway Northern Lights

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Christy, Oct 11, 2017 at 1:20 AM.

1. Christy

Christy New Member

Hello Ben

I am planning a trip to Norway. One, my husband is Norwegian and we want to see family.

Two, we want to see the Aurora.

Which airline has the best business class experience for this route?

We just flew Luftansa ewr to Amsterdam 08/2017. 747 800 upper deck. Cabin was great, food and wine great... BUT they triple booked our seats

What is the best time of year to see the Aurora?

Thank you!
    Christy

2. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

Welcome Christy

Best business class, are you flying from the NYC area? A bit hard to say what is best without knowing where you will be flying from.

Where in Norway will you be vising family? Some of the bigger towns have direct flights from European hubs, smaller towns will in general mean a connection in Oslo.

Best time to see the Aurora Borealis in Norway is late September to late March
    https://www.visitnorway.com/things-to-do/nature-attractions/northern-lights/

Getting to northern Norway in a reasonable amount of time means getting a plane from or connecting in Oslo.
    https://www.visitnorway.com/places-to-go/northern-norway/getting-to-northern-norway/

3. Christy

Christy New Member

Thank you! We are flying from one of the NYC airports. Whichever is best. Whose business class do you like for JFK EWR to Oslo type route? Thanks Again

4. David W

David W Well-Known Member

What do you mean by LH triple booking your seats?

From JFK, only Norwegian flies to Oslo and their premium product (while decent based on reviews) is essentially premium economy at best. from EWR, SAS serves Oslo directly and if it's on a plane with their new business class product, that's a good option.

Otherwise, you'd have to connect in Europe. AirFrance is good if you can get on a flight with their new reverse herringbone seats. Singapore Airlines JFK-FRA is also a great option.