ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Redeeming Chase Point to Asia with ANA?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Jonamon, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Jonamon

Jonamon New Member

I have roughly 250,000 Chase UR points and I want to send my parents to Asia for their 30th anniversary on First class or at least Biz from SFO to a big city in Asia i.e. Hongkong, Shanghai, Guangzhou, etc. I am still very new to this game so I am hoping to gain some insight on the best ways to maximize my Chase points.

I have read that ANA has a very solid first class from the Bay Area airports, like SFO, SJC. Also I know that the best way to redeem the points is through Virgin Atlantic, but those are the limits of my knowledge.

My questions are as follow:
    - If my parents were to fly RT from SFO to HKG/CAN how many points would it take or First? On Business? (Lowest possible way of course haha)
    - If award on ANA, would the itinerary be the same classes of service all the way? How can I make sure that it is, at least First transpacific and Biz within Asia
    - What is the best way to search for award availability if they want two seats together?

- If not ANA, what other airlines do you recommend?

Thank you all very much for help, even though I know that it is a lot of questions!!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017