ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Routing possible or need separate tickets?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by ash, Jan 5, 2018.

1. ash

ash New Member

Researching trip from Honolulu to Colombo and we had thought of flying emirates for some portions,

They seem to have some codeshare with Hawaiian so there is the option to fly Hnl-jfk-dxb-cmb which is ok but it appears that there is also the ability to fly Hnl-Icn-dxb-cmb as a more ideal routing For flying out of Hawaii. However, I cannot create this itinerary without booking separate tickets to my knowledge.

that brings me to part #2 of my question since I could use Hawaiian miles for the Hnl-Icn portion as a separate round trip but would we need to exit customs in Icn or can we stay airside for our Emirates Icn-dub-cmb flights.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

@ash, have you tried calling the airline you'd like to book with and see if they can book the entire trip on one ticket for you? That might be possible over the phone.

Re: Q2 I'm not familiar with ICN so maybe someone else can chime in.