ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption SFO - Vietnam Award Flights

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by AlexR, Oct 8, 2017.

1. AlexR

AlexR Reader

I am looking to go to Vietnam in January (doesn't matter if it's in/out of SGN or HAN) and am considering redeeming for a premium cabin experience on one or both directions. Origin is SFO bay area and return is to SFO OR BOS.

I have:
    130,000 Ultimate Rewards points
    120,000 Membership Rewards points
    62,000 Alaska MileagePlan points
    32,000 United MileagePlus points

Any recommendations? Flights on Korean or Asiana are currently about $700 RT in economy, so I may resort to that if I can't make effective use of my points in premium cabins. This would be my first ever international flight in business/first.

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I'd go for Cathay Business with your Alaska Mileage Plan miles (Or if you can find away to get 8000 more of their miles, first class for HKG-SFO)

In the other direction, you can transfer UR points to United for travel on Asiana, ANA or EVA. You can also transfer UR or MR points to Singapore Airlines and fly with them as well.