ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Something Fishy with Amex/Delta Sign-up bonuses?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Mike Brawner, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Mike Brawner

Mike Brawner Reader

Hi Lucky,
    I signed up for an Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles account in October 2017. The offer was, as you probably know, 70,000 bonus SkyMiles and 10,000 MQMs after meeting the $3,000 spend. I met the spend on 10/19 but have never received my points or MQMs. I have inquired by phone and chat on numerous occasions, but only got the runaround. After a month went by with no points, Amex told me they will post in 4-6 weeks. After 6 weeks, they said it will be 6-8 weeks. After 8 weeks, they said there is some big problem with posting points for lots of accounts (a "known issue" they are calling it, apparently), so just wait. Now, when I check back, the "open an inquiry with the back office," which they say will take (you guessed it) 6-8 weeks.

This is the second time this year Amex has given me a hard time about points (first was over MR points rebate after purchasing international business airfare). Am I just unlucky, or is Amex trying to get away with not paying out the points they promise? Have you heard about others not getting their sign-up bonuses from AMEX? Thanks for your help. Great blog!

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Hi Mike, frustrating as it is, it is a known issue that's been reported a few times. I agree AX customer service has gone down the tubes. I would consider filing a CPFB complaint if you feel you are not getting the benefits that were promised.