ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

VX / AS elite merging

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Isaac Chambers, Jan 1, 2018.

1. I requalified for VX gold in the elevate program (32 elite segments in the VX program, which is the published criteria for VX gold for 2018). I was matched last year to MVP gold and is associated with my VX account. I FB messaged the AS team in December to ensure my MVP gold is valid until end of 2018. They confirmed - yes it was. However, i found that today they downgraded my AS MP account to non-status. I booked a trip for mid January to YVR...not sure if i will get upgrades or the elite mileage bonus. I messaged the FB group again and they said it could be 2 weeks or next month when they look at VX accounts. They did say that they see me as qualified for MVP gold status but I asked why the downgrade? I cant even book a VX flight as VX numbers are no longer accepted into reservations. they just said to call VX....ummmm you are all the same now right? I must say they are trying to wooo us VXers but this by far not the right start or response! Anyone else experience this?