ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating What does this mean?? Curiousity is killing me

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Askingforafriend, Oct 10, 2017.

1. My husband and I recently flew from Atlanta (connect from smaller airport where we live) to Cabo San Lucas. As we were boarding our flight (when the flight attendant scans your passport) this red light flashed and some beeps sounded and the airline personnel on either side (my husband and I walked in simultaneously) called out our last name and seat assignments like twice lol it was so bizarre I felt like a total watchlist member or something- am I suspicious or is this random? Why was this info announced that way??

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Sometimes it means the seats were changed and that the boarding pass needed to be updated - did that happen? Other than that, it's hard to say - it could have been done for a number of reasons.

3. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Sometimes they also verbally announce passengers seated in the emergency exit row... were you seated there?

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I've had that happen for emergency rows too.