ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards What is "account anniversary year" exactly?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Johnny, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Johnny

Johnny Reader

Hi all,

New to looking at credit cards and rewards here. I noticed the Chase Ink Cash card, which has the very desirable 5% back on cellphone and internet. It says:

Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000
    spent in combined purchases at office
    supply stores and on cellular phone,
    landline, internet and cable TV services
    each account anniversary year

What exactly is meant by an account anniversary year? Is this a 5% that's always on? If not every year, then what years count as anniversary?

I haven't been able to find a definition anywhere. Thanks for any help!

Johnny

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

@Johnny -- Welcome! Correct, this is a 5% that is always available, the limit of $25k in category bonuses resets on the account anniversary date. This should be one year from whenever you were approved for the account. Does that help?